The property market is big business and a recent survey, by Shelter (the housing charity); claims that 1 in 5 families in England rent privately and that most tenancy contracts are short term and end within 6 to 12 months. The point of the survey was to highlight the negative effective that short tenancies and frequent moving has on young children.
The same survey found that the average monthly rent in London rose to a high of £1,106 and because getting a mortgage requires a 20% deposit many residents have no choice but to continue renting at such high prices. With the city of London being such a popular destination for workers and students the rental market will continue to thrive and be competitive for both commercial and private landlords. With competition being so stiff landlords are very well aware that rental or property prices and location are not the only determining factors when it comes to attracting tenants.
First Impressions make Lasting Impressions
Prospective tenants can be won over by the first impressions that they get from the initial viewing of a property, so it is important that landlords do their very best to ensure that the property creates a good and lasting impression. A clean and tidy property is therefore a must and many estate agencies hire end of tenancy cleaning companies in London to make sure that their properties are kept in pristine conditions.
Making sure that a property creates is a good first impression is not entirely the responsibility of a landlord and LTN CLEANING have provided end of tenancy cleaning services to tenants, companies as well as individuals who are looking to sell or buy residential or commercial properties.
End of tenancy cleaning tips
Here are some tips that we believe will not only leave your premises clean and tidy but they will improve buyer and tenancy prospects.
- De-clutter all rooms – Get rid of all unnecessary items within the property especially in wardrobes and cupboards because prospective tenants, buyers and landlords tend to check through these.
- Get rid of dust and cobwebs – especially from blinds, curtains, picture frames and light fixtures
- Deep clean the bathroom – The bath, shower, tiles, toilet and basin need to be limescale and mold-free.
- Thoroughly clean the inside and outside of kitchen units, the fridge and the oven.
- Floors need to be spotless – Hiring professional carpet cleaners is always ideal for carpet flooring
- Windows, mirrors, skirting boards, light switches, door handles etc. should be cleaned and disinfected.
For landlords and sellers who are looking to create and even bigger first impression sprucing up the exterior of the property is generally a good idea and it gives buyers the impression of a well-cared for premises.
LTN Cleaning have an end of tenancy cleaning Muswell Hill team who provide our domestic and commercial services to customers in N10 and the surrounding areas, and our post code based teams are available throughout London.